AWP is searching for uber-talented interns for Summer 2015.
We are now accepting applications for our Summer 2015 Internship.
Interested in learning more about all things design? Are you ready to start applying your branding and marketing skills to real-world clients? If so, then we want you to join our Ithaca team.
A commitment of 20-25 hours per week is required.
A bit about us: we are an accomplished and team-oriented creative agency headquartered in Ithaca, NY. For the past 10 years we’ve designed and developed award-winning websites and apps from the ground up. We’re coffee drinkers, vegetarians, yoga-goers, musicians, artists and writers, coffee haters, hard workers, animators, chefs, mess-makers, meat-eaters, and leaders, and we love our jobs.
A bit about the internship: You’ll be working directly with our entire team to develop and maintain email marketing and social media campaigns for local, national, and international clients, as well as participating in internal reviews of our work and assuring quality for many of our web development projects. Our shop is small, so you’ll have the opportunity to work next to different members of the team to cater your experience to your strengths or hone your skills in your not-so-strong areas. We’re looking for someone who can join us at our downtown Ithaca studio 3-4 days a week. Scheduling is flexible.
- Expert communicator
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn about our process and the industry
- A basic understanding of the design and marketing industries
- Strong writing skills
- Basic design skills (Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
Bonus skills (note, you should have dabbled with some of these)
- Developing a brand guide / branding standards
- Front end coding (html/css/jQuery), responsive layouts
- Target audience analysis
- Experience working in a team environment
- Awareness of latest web development practices and coding techniques
- Involvement in a design community
- Experience creating & developing stand-out brands
Interns must receive credit for their time with us through their institution.
Other perks include: access to company kayaks (we’re located on Cayuga Lake) and occasional free lunch/coffee.
Please email us a cover letter and resume, and a link to your online portfolio if you have one. No calls please. Your presence in our Ithaca studio is required. Before you apply, read through our blog to learn more about who we are, what we do, and how much fun we have!